Property Administrator (Block Management) - Central London
Location: Central London
Our client is a well-established estate agency in Central London looking for a Property Administrator (Block Management & AST Assistant).
Under the supervision of the Property manager and Finance manager to look after the Company’s managed property portfolio and liaise with tenants, landlords, leaseholders and contractors as required. Responsible for providing support in the management and administration of all day to day reactive maintenance requirements across the Block & AST portfolio
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all properties and leases/tenants are appropriately and fully registered on the Company’s property management software.
- Receiving and responding appropriately to issues as they arise and dealing effectively with the consequences using initiative to prioritise according to the business’ needs
- Assisting Block Manager with preparation of Annual Service Charge Budget and ensuring budgets go out to leaseholders with covering letters and demands on time.
- Daily data inputting and ensuring systems are kept up to date. v Liaise with Property Manager and Accounts regarding company secretarial matters, directorship appointments and resignations, etc.
- Liaise with Property Manager regarding sales packs and legal enquiries.
- Liaise with Accounts Department and others as required, regarding payment of service charges and other charges. Assisting with arrears collection if required, including attending court where necessary.
- Dealing with move-in processes i.e. referencing, ID checks and AST contracts (training to be provided).
- Dealing with AST renewal and termination process.
- Instructing external contractors for ad-hoc minor repairs having firstly discussed with the property manager.
- Liaising with contractors to ensure access is given for works whilst reporting to the property manager.
- Send the check-out report to the landlord and tenant.
- Speak to the landlord about the deductions that you advise should be made, in line with the report.
- Speak to the tenant about the deductions that the landlord wishes to make from the deposit.
- Send the landlord and tenant a deposit form showing that the deductions have been agreed.
- Send the accounts department the deposit statement so that the refund of deposit can be sent.
- To serve relevant notices on tenants on behalf of landlords as required and in line with current legislation
- Processing, checking and approving all invoices relating to reactive maintenance jobs and ensuring that the workflows are kept free.
- Ensuring compliance and record keeping for requirements under the Housing Act 1988 (as amended in 1996 & 2004) relating to Gas, Electric installations, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detection and other items that arise as a result of legislative changes.
- Liaising with external managing agents over H&S compliance and maintaining the database records relating to fire emergency plans in non-managed buildings where we have AST occupiers.
- Co-ordinating regular management inspections on a cyclical basis for the property manager and maintaining reports accordingly.
- Instructing inventory check in and check outs with the appropriate supplier at the commencement and end of tenancies and ensuring that all documentation is digitally stored on the network.
- Registering deposits on TDS for tenants on new lettings and liaising with the internal teams to ensure the timely release at the end of tenancies.
- Assisting with all dilapidation’s due at the termination of leases; obtaining quotations for works required and communicating all proposed deductions to the tenant.
- Informing the appropriate authority and utility providers of meter readings and changes to account information at the commencement and termination of all leases.
- Ensuring the highest cover of customer service at all times with all internal teams, external stakeholders & customers.
- Providing cover for other team members during holiday and sickness absence, and during busy periods.
- To carry out all other functions that the Company may from time to time request
- Previous experience as an Assistant Property Manager, Junior Block Manager or Lettings Administrator
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent communicator and confident dealing with landlords, tenants, suppliers and contractors
- A self-motivated team player
- An appetite to learn new skills and enhance your knowledge of the property industry
- IT Literate – proficient on all Microsoft office applications
- Experience working on property management software
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning property management department that is expanding and looking for a new team member to grow with the department. The role has the exciting potential to develop into a Block Management role.
Up to £25,000 per annum.